The General Counsel Award is bestowed by the National Diversity Council on legal professionals who have distinguished themselves through their determination, resolve, and achievements. Their commitment to excellence within their profession, organization, and community has been instrumental to the success of their company.
Every year, the National Diversity Council compiles a list of the Top 50 General Counsels to feature the highest caliber of executives within the law. These are the most prominent leaders that have reached the top of their profession by being effective front-runners in their organization. They drive change, innovate, and inspire others to succeed while contributing to business growth.
- Must be a General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer, Vice President or Associate General Counsel
- Demonstrates achievements across the full spectrum of in house responsibility
- Performs above and beyond the usual requirements of his or her professional capability
- Shows commitment to diversity and community well-being
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior
- Send bio and a photo, which needs to be in 300dpi resolution and in jpeg or gif style, to event coordinator.
- Be present at the conference where the awards will be presented.
- A call for nominations is sent out through email blast, and social media networks.
- Individuals nominate award winners online or via email.
Award winners are notified of their selection by Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chair of the National Diversity Council, either by email or Linkedin.